Saturday, April 23, 2011

JUST ONE STAR


So, a about a month ago, I came across a blog post asking for volunteers
to help make 100 quilts in 100 days for our soldiers in Afghanistan that
have been wounded. They posted a pattern, and gave all the instructions.
I decided it would be fun to make a couple. I hadn't ever made star
blocks, and really enjoyed them. They had you sign your name and state
on the block, so they will see where they all came from. They wanted the
stars in red or blue, with a white or cream background. This is what I had
in my scraps. I really like how they turned out. So, I mailed them out.
Last week, I received a package from Moda. (my favorite fabric company!)
There was a thank you note for the stars and a mini charm pack of fabric.
What a sweet surprise...I'm hoping when they finish the quilts they
will posts some pictures, cause I'm sure they will look amazing!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: