Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FUNERAL

I received a phone call Monday morning from my Mom, telling me that my Uncle Merwin had passed away. (my Mom's brother). The funeral was Sat. Oct. 30th, in Utah. So Steven & I drove up Friday to Lindon Utah. Went to the funeral Sat. morning in Sandy, and drove home Sunday morning. It was such an amazing funeral. The spirit was felt in abundance. I played Love One Another for a special number. It was a beautiful arrangement, and it went well. My cousins sang two of Merwin's favorites, Away in the Manger, and Silent Night. They sing so beautifully together. My Aunt Linda gave such a wonderful talk along with her husband (my Uncle) Willard.

Later that night, we decided we would go visit some great friends from our early married days in Orem. We showed up surprising them, and were treated with the most delicious Clam Chowder Soup. It was so fun to visit, chat, and laugh with them. What a fun night.


Uncle Merwin

Aunt Cindy Wilde, niece Kyli, and me

Hollie (my sis, which doesn't make me look very blonde!)


My Mom and her 6 brothers


Hollie, Mom, Ginger

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous pictures, chica. Was your uncles death expected? Crazy that he died so shortly after your grandma.

Were you home in time for your annual donut party???